Wednesday 22 December 2010

Progress 22/12/2010

Made a list of all the resources I have access to in order to improve my Chinese. It includes drama series which I use for listening practice, new vocabulary and colloquial phrases and just to make my learning a bit more fun; and also books thanks to this glorious gem here. [Seriously, never undermine the value of google books].

Anyways, so far I have:

Drama - Currently completed 1/107
Completed one series (Devil beside me), gotten halfway through another (It started with a kiss) and watched an episode or two of another 3. So, 1 out of the 107 Taiwanese drama shows I counted on the drama website with another 4 in progress.

Grammar books - Currently completed: 0/15.
I've read 30/50 chapters out of the grammar book: A Practical Chinese Grammar [which I would really recommend] but I still have another 14 to start in order to pick up some new material not avaliable in the other books and to refresh already studied grammar points.

Textbooks: Currently completed 0/21
At University we follow the material set out in New Practical Chinese Reader. I think we've currently completed 8/9 chapters. I've also completed 5/20 chapers of Mandarin Chinese the easy way.

Character focused books: Completed 0/6
It would be impossible to gauge how many character I've learnt since I recognise some from haven studied Japanese and I prefer to learn vocabulary as opposed to formally studying characters but so far I have officially studied 7/100 characters in 'The First 100 Characters'.

_____________________________

As for today, I studied two grammar points: 一点儿 [yi1dian'r3 - a little more] and 所以 [suo3yi3 - so]. Also listened to a video on youtube about coffee and tea and which is better and learnt 让 [rang4] can also mean 'to make' as well as 'to let'. There was also something on 对 but I still haven't fully demystified those tricky little co-verbs as of yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment